Sunday, October 26, 2014

The Cycle



Oh I struggle to believe, baby
That I was in love with you
Well I was humbled by your beauty
They said you’re a lot to loose
Yes, every time you kissed me
I would get dazed and you'd be amused
You’d linger on my lips
Like raindrops on a roof
Every drop I’d succumb
I was weak to your wicked moves.

Oh I struggle to believe, baby
How I could have been with you
Well I was humbled by your spirit
And how you play by your own rules
You knew what you wanted
Wouldn’t settle for any less
You were perfectionism
Did everything to impress
Nobody could have you
because you’d play with the hearts
Of those you choose
They lost everything
And you had nothing to loose
But you ain’t having my heart
No, no you ain’t having mine
No more.

You better believe it, baby
I’m stronger from being with you
And now I play by my own rules
Those rules I learned from you
There used to be a time
When my heart was easily bruised
But you broke it so many times
That my mind told my heart it’s through
There was only pain in loving you
And now you ain’t having my heart
No, no you ain’t having me
No more.

Oh I struggle to believe, baby
That I was ever in love with you
You stuck me with a bitter taste of love
That will linger on to those that come after you.

I wrote this about a friend's heartbreak. The idea is that heartbreak is a cycle, when you get your heart broken sometimes you inadvertently end up breaking someone's heart, and that person has no idea what he/she has coming.  

P.s. - Just wanted to share this song, it's pretty good. Romantic and empowering, G-Eazy is sorta like the Beyonce of rap.

G-Eazy - Alone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZz6OEK0icM 




No comments:

 
Music Music (Songs) - TOP.ORG Music Business Directory - BTS Local