Sunday, June 1, 2014

Heart on a String



Some men will buy you diamond rings
Some boys will give you flowers and chocolates
Then there’s me and my heart on a string
Then there’s me and my heart on a string
Hold tight and don’t let it go
And it will last through the ages
Beyond the black and white pages
After those roses wilt and the chocolate finishes
When you’re down, down on your luck
On those days that just seem to suck
When your heart breaks in two
Or those moments you know not what to do
My heart will solve them for you
Repair your heart with glue
Pray that fortune finds you
And add some rhythm to your blues
It will love, love you
As a sister, as a friend, as my boo
It will love, love you
More than any man can do (and any animal too)
That’s my heart on a string,
There’s only one I made for you
There’s only one I made for you.




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sublime as always Akshay. But please tell us your love story!

When I read your blog I can sense the love you still have for her. And I can't help but wonder who your muse is, and why you can't be together?

Keep writing! Greetings from Cali.

Akshay L said...

Before I tell you my story, I would love to hear your story because my biggest inspiration for writing are the stories of everyone around me.

Regards,
Akshay

Anonymous said...

Fair trade I guess :-)

I had a high school sweetheart. Even when we we both went to college all went well. Untill I wanted the house, kids etc.. and he wanted to try something else, some other women that was.. not a romantic story I'm sorry haha.

Akshay L said...

I'm sorry to hear that. I'd like to believe that when one door closes another one opens, hopefully you'll meet the man of your dreams soon!

Its actually not that fair :P You can't remain Anonymous and ask me to tell you my story!

Anonymous said...

That's mean, very cunning of you!

Akshay L said...

reveal yourself mystery person

http://www.cinnamonopus.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/gandalf.gif

:P

Anonymous said...

Akshay, Why you so mean for?!

http://www.troll.me/images/sad-guy/you-are-so-mean.jpg

Akshay L said...

I apologize, I never meant to be mean I just have a weird sense of humour (think of louis ck mixed with chris rock and chris d'elia). Its just that I know next to nothing about you and I feel like you know a lot about me through this blog so I would like to know your story and not just the romance but other things as well, because right now I don't know who you are or do I? do we know each other?

 
Music Music (Songs) - TOP.ORG Music Business Directory - BTS Local