Thursday, November 7, 2013

Breakdown

Well, I thought knew myself more 
Thought I had the strength in me to stay and fight 
All the sticks and stones that broke my bones 
And every little of word of theirs, in their game of thrones 
But Lord, I’m weak and still without a cure 
Oh, and it’s not that simple enough for me to ignore 
Yeah, I wish it were simple enough to ignore. 
 
I remember the old days, when things went wrong 
I’d call on my Grandpa to pick me off the ground 
Mama was busy and daddy was never home 
To hear my troubles and lend me a shoulder to lean on 
And now that he’s gone, now that the dark has won 
It feels like love just built me up to break me down 
Yeah, Love done built me up just to break me down 
 
Well, I was told by some, you need to love someone 
When you felt pain you’ll have somewhere warm to run 
My lover, she was beautiful, too beautiful not be cruel 
She made use of me, the queen and her worker bee 
And I lost myself defending her lies to everyone 
It felt like love just built me up to break me down 
Oh, Love done built me up just to break me down
 
Now I’m a religious man in my heart of hearts 
My faith in god has always been strong 
I’d pray that he’d pick me out of the lost and found 
But god is just a common man, in a crown of thorns 
We were the ones who left Nola to drown 
Yeah, God’s not above us, he’s each and everyone 
Some do good and some will cause you harm 
Love will build you up, just to break you down 
 
Well, Love done built me up just to break me down 
Pushed me to seek solace, lay low, shut down 
Yeah, Love done built me up just break me down.

No comments:

 
Music Music (Songs) - TOP.ORG Music Business Directory - BTS Local