Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Best & The Worst

If i would write a thousand poems,
To tell you what i feel
Or say that I love you
What would that reveal?
When what we have
Is deeper than love, babe,
and more complicated in a way.
I like your presence around me
You're my iced tea on a summers day
If it was up to me, babe,
We'd never go our separate ways
Oh, I would challenge you to find
Another man who sees what I see
But if you know me by now
I'll hope you always come up empty
Because you bring out the worst in me.
Its a compliment
Don't be upset, babe
It was never meant
to hurt your feelings
Its just that you are so amazing
You make me wonder
If i deserve to be with you
So i get jealous
of all the people who get close to you
I can be such a child
I'm so afraid to loose you
After all, Its because of you
I'am not a man of yesterdays
Because of you, who eased the fall with a warm embrace
Because of you, I think of love as a happy place
I learnt to dream, because of you
Stepped out of my box, because of you
who turned that box into a home
I can never be alone, because of you
And though I'm hopeful that me and you will be together someday
If you met another man along your way
I would learn to let you go
Yes, I'm thankful
For the man you made of me
I had thought that was all I could be
But darling, you brought out the best in me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Indeed, you are the best. You have such a way with words. Keep it up Akshay.

 
Music Music (Songs) - TOP.ORG Music Business Directory - BTS Local