Monday, May 14, 2012

“A necklace that never grows old”

For as early as I can remember
before I took my first steps
and long before I could speak
it has etched its place by my side
on the same place it was some twenty years ago
with pieces of silver that gleamed in the moonlight
and those black threads, as dark as my wandering soul,
battling the elements bravely
to sit around my neck and hang just above my heart
close enough for me to see them jostle and move about
melodiously in sync to his beats
but as time galloped ahead since then
leaving a dust covered past behind
those black threads have unravelled with age
and feel coarse from everyday wear and tear
the smell of innocence that lingered in their knots has fleeted
even those pieces of silver that jingled to a beat and a drum
have stiffened and lost their shine,
they know, like I, all too well now that life has gotten shorter for them
so they sit further away from my heart
and I ever hopeful, have tried to mend their broken ends
to rekindle the flame that was burnt out by the dark
yet, all it took was a gift from a lover
a piece of silver engraved with Cupid and Persephone
a symbol of challenges overcome by loves eternity
to spread youth like a raging wild fire
that no one dares to put out.

No comments:

 
Music Music (Songs) - TOP.ORG Music Business Directory - BTS Local